HCA, Hospital Corporation of America New Graduate Nurse (RN) Residency Program in Walterboro, South Carolina
Are you a New Graduate Nurse looking for your first opportunity? Are you looking for a nurse residency program that invests in YOU, your career, and your future?
We offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several other perks to make your benefits package customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include: * Student Loan Repayment * Tuition Reimbursement Programs * Paid Personal Leave * 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service) * Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options * Adoption Assistance * Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
HCA Healthcare is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for ambitious New Graduate RNs to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
We invite new nursing school graduates to apply for our StaRN New Graduate Nurse Residency Program!
This is a 12-14 week PAID program starting Monday, July 19, 2021 featuring didactic and clinical training, as well as a 1:1 Preceptorship. It allows new graduates to obtain acute care nursing experience through an intensive residency program, then transition to staff roles at the facility.
Part 1: StaRN Training – First 5-7 weeks (depending on track):
* Instructor-led classroom training
* Paid training – all nurses will be paid at the new graduate RN hourly rates
* State-of-the-art simulation including comprehensive debriefs
* Self-directed / on-line learning
* Several Certifications obtained
* Meditech Training and Validation
* Schedule: typically Monday-Friday, 40 hour work week (8hr days)
Part 2: StaRN Clinical Preceptorship – Next 7-8 weeks (depending on track):
* Conducted at the hospital
* Paid training – all externally hired nurses will be paid at the new graduate RN hourly rates during preceptorship (union facilities may differ)
* You will be assigned a preceptor specifically for you; to train you and get you acclimated to your role
* Regular development meetings between the resident, their preceptor and their Director
* Schedule: 3 – 12 Hour shifts on the unit that selected you
Part 3: HCA Residency Program – Remainder of your 1st year * Upon successful completion of the StaRN Program, residents will transition to their full-time roles at the hospital * Nurse Residents continue monthly professional development through routine interactions with a mentor * Attend a monthly residency seminar * Complete an evidence-based capstone project * Attend 1 year graduation StaRN Program acceptance requires a minimum two (2) year, full-time commitment to the hospital.
Opportunities are available across the system in a variety of units, with the vast majority being in Medical/Surgical/Telemetry units. While we understand that you may be interested in a specific unit, however we cannot always guarantee that request. We appreciate your flexibility in this, and hope that you understand that this is just the first step in long and rewarding nursing career, in which you will have many opportunities.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing school - within past 1 year is preferred
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state which you practice and/or hold an active Compact/Multi-State RN license
- Flexibility to work day or night shift (unit needs vary)
- Attendance is imperative and 100% mandatory throughout the initial StaRN Training Program
- You do not need to meet these requirements to apply or interview.
Located in the Heart of Walterboro, South Carolina, Colleton Medical Center has a longstanding history as a leader in the healthcare community with a commitment to patient-centered care. With over 130 beds,Colleton Medical Centeris part ofHCA Healthcare.CMCoffers both inpatient and outpatient medical services along with 24/7 Emergency Care for adults and children. Named a Top Performer on key quality measures by The Joint Commission for four consecutive years,CMCranks in the top 15 percent of U.S. hospitals for quality care. Committed to quality services and compassionate care,CMCcontinues to expand and advance to meet the needs of a growing community.
AtColleton Medical Center, above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.HCA Healthcare, the parent company ofCMC, has been continually named a /World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere/since 2010.HCA Healthcareis a community of 94,000 RNs and 38,000 physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities including hospitals, freestanding ER’s, surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. In 2018,HCA Healthcarespent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications for our StaRN Residency Program. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: New Graduate Nurse (RN) Residency Program
Location: South Carolina-Walterboro-Colleton Medical Center-Walterboro
Requisition ID: 00391-StaRNJuly21CMC