HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Endoscopy Technician in Summerville, South Carolina
Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as an* Endscopy Tech* today withSummerville Medical Center.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At*Summerville Medical Center *we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our uniquebenefitswe offer include: * o Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs o Student Loan Repayment o Paid Personal Leave o 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service) o Identity Theft Protection discounts o Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options o Adoption Assistance o Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as an Endoscopy Techwhere your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Endoscopy Technicianis responsible for assisting the care team in providing quality, age specific, direct and indirect care to patients as delegated and supervised by the RN or physician in order to achieve the goals of the Operating Room. You serve as a key position of the interdependent team, and hold responsibility for achieving positive patient and department outcomes.
What you will do in this role:
- You will be actively involved with the preparation of the procedure room prior to the procedure, throughout the day and the end of shift closedown of the room and redistribution of instruments, supplies, and equipment
- You will demonstrate competency in technical practice through the selection, assembly, operation, and cleaning of instrumentation, equipment, and supplies required for all assigned procedures
- You will be responsible for assisting and anticipating the needs of the physician in all procedures
- You will maintain patient advocate status throughout the procedure by properly identifying and handling specimens, as well as adhering to perioperative and hospital policies
- You will document appropriate information of all Automated Endoscope Reprocessors and autoclaves
You will practice careful, efficient, and non-wasteful use of supplies and linen. You will assist in restocking of necessary supplies and checking for out dated items as required
High School Graduate/Equivalent is required
- Graduate of a School of Surgical Technology with successful completion of certification exam, or Certificate of completion of the SGNA GI Technical Specialist Program is preferred
- Previous Endoscopy or Surgical experience is preferred
- A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
Summerville Medical Centeris a 120 bed hospital with a 24-hour emergency room and comprehensive medical services. The facility enjoys an enviable reputation for its cardiac services, pediatrics and women’s service, including “home-like” birthing suites. Surgical services offered include orthopedic, reflux, robotic and weight loss surgeries.
Summerville Medical Centeris a five-star recipient for cardiovascular, neurosciences, critical care and patient safety outcomes according to a study released by Healthgrades, the leading online resource for comprehensive information about physicians and hospitals. This achievement is part of new findings and data featured in the Healthgrades 2019 report to the Nation.
The city ofSummerville is where charm and southern hospitality blend gracefully with a modern and progressive atmosphere. Summerville, SC is rich in history with a focus on economic development that preserves the past while building for the future. Summerville is recognized as a nurturing community, where children can grow and develop. Minutes from historical Charleston and the beaches, our world-class sports venues and superior schools make Summerville truly a special place to work, live and play.
HCA Healthcare,the parent company ofSummerville Medical Center, has been continually named a/World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere/since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for ourEndo** *Tech *opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
/We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status./
Job: *Clinical Techs - CV Cath Lab Surg Vasc & Central Sterile
Title: Endoscopy Technician
Location: South Carolina-Summerville-Summerville Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00062-26597