SC Department of Public Safety Night Shift Registered Nurse (RN) Statewide Opportunities #63517 in Statewide, South Carolina
_**Base Pay with Institution Incentives
Level I Institutions_ Livesay CI, Manning CI **$53,135
Level II _**Institutions_**
Allendale CI, Camille Graham CI, Evans CI, Kershaw CI, Leath CI, MacDougall CI, Ridgeland CI, Trenton CI, Turbeville CI, Tyger River CI, Wateree River CI
Level III Institutions Broad River CI, Kirkland CI, Lee CI, Lieber CI, McCormick CI, Perry CI $54,534
Responsible to the Nurse Manager for nursing care provided in a designated correctional clinic or specialized area in compliance with medical plans, policies, and orders for patient care and treatment.
- Administer and document medication as ordered by the physician in the correctional setting.
- Conduct health screenings during sick call using approved standing orders or making appropriate MD referrals.
- Document all health care rendered on medical records..
- Assist in planning and coordination of nursing services required to meet the total health care needs of the patient.
- Transcribe all MD orders from medical records.
- Transfer medical records with appropriate documentation and medication at time of inmate transfer.
- Perform clinical treatments & procedures using universal precautions in all areas of practice.
- Maintain 40 hours of in-service education per year, including mandatory in-services and CPR certification.
- Provide emergency treatment to inmates and employees.
- Participate in employee health issues as directed, i.e., TB screening, Hepatitis B injections, flu injections, and post exposure assessment.
- Participate in chronic disease clinics.
- Collaborate with other correctional professionals to assure social, psychological and security needs of inmates are met. Other duties as assigned.
Filling multiple positions from this posting.
Part Time Available: $32.00/Hourly (28 hours weekly)
Shift Differentials: $5.00 an hour on weekends $1.75 an hour on nights
Limited Time Sign On Bonus! For a limited time, SCDC is offering Registered Nurses a $10,000 sign on bonus, payable over Two years.
Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to: Recruiting and Employment Services (803) 896-8532
Minimum and Additional Requirements
State of South Carolina minimum requirements: Graduation from an accredited school of nursing. (Or an acceptable equivalency as approved by the Division of State Human Resources).
SCDC minimum requirements: Must hold an active license as a Registered Nurse. You must attach a copy of your license with your application to be considered as a candidate for this position.
The South Carolina Department of Corrections is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to be determined if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position.
Salary: See Position Description
Location: Statewide, SC
Job Type: FTE - Full-Time
Job Number: 63517
Closing: 2/25/2021 11:59 PM Eastern
Residency Requirement (specifics): Night Shift as Needed
Class Code: EA20
Position Number: 63517
Normal Work Schedule: Other
Pay Band: Band 3
Hiring Range - Min.: $53,135.00
Hiring Range - Max.: $53,135.00
Opening Date: 07/01/2020
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer
Agency Specific Application Procedures: You must apply online via the South Carolina Department of Corrections careers page www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sc/scdc to be considered a candidate for this position. Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to: Recruiting and Employment Services (803) 896-8532 Employment@doc.sc.gov
Agency: State of South Carolina Department of Corrections
Address: 4444 Broad River Road Columbia, South Carolina, 29210