SC Department of Public Safety Program Manager II, Clinical Quality Director in Richland County, South Carolina
This position is located in Quality and Health Outcome, Richland County. The Clinical Quality Director is responsible for managing the agency’s health quality improvement activities, assessing health plan and provider quality status, and establishing and monitoring quality improvement goals. As a member of the Health Programs management team, incumbent will report to the Deputy Director and is responsible for informing the agency’s executive team on matters related to clinical quality. Works with SCDHHS medical director and other clinical staff on matters related to quality and population health.
- Develops and manages the SCDHHS Quality Strategy, including all related quality improvement policies and activities aimed at ensuring that the quality of care delivered to SC Medicaid members meets or exceeds agency goals.
- Oversees the quality-related components of the Medicaid MCO contract, including the MCO Withhold and Bonus Program. In this capacity, provides timely and accurate feedback to the MCOs regarding the quality of care provided and general quality trends noted within the SC Medicaid program. Serves as the SCDHHS contact the MCOs on matters related to clinical quality.
- Works within SCDHHS and other South Carolina health care payer systems to design and/or provide input into state initiatives related to population health, various cost containment strategies and evidenced based clinical interventions, as well as, SCDHHS internal policy.
- Serves as the agency’s internal expert on clinical quality, working frequently with a wide range of clinical and non-clinical colleagues to drive SCDHHS’s overall quality strategy and appropriateness of interventions at a system and individual level.
- Liaison with CMS on all SCDHHS quality initiatives and required reports.
- Performs fundamental supervisory and leadership functions in accordance with Department policies and procedures, best practices and Federal and State rules and regulations, especially with regard to Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) standards. Maintains an effective organizational team and motivates diverse staff to accomplish mission critical operations and objectives. Promotes workforce engagement.
Minimum and Additional Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare, Nursing, Health Administration, Public Health, or a related health field and seven years of experience directly related to healthcare delivery and/or healthcare quality improvement.
Must have and maintain a valid driver's license.
Occasional overnight travel Preferred Qualifications
Master’s Degree in Healthcare, Nursing, Health Administration, Public Health, or a related health field
- Five years of experience in a managed care organization
- Experience working with a Medicaid program
- Five years middle management experience
- Knowledge of NCQA/HEDIS quality standards
- Knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations relevant to healthcare delivery and health quality
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of analytical methods relevant to quality measurement and improvement
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment
- Ability to quickly and clearly transform abstract ideas and direction into clear goals and tasks Additional Comments
Please complete the State application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to determine if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position. Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application for qualification purposes. All applicants must apply online. All correspondence from the Office of Human Resources will be through electronic mail.
The South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, including, but not limited, to lactation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Salary: $60,344.00 - $111,646.00 Annually
Location: Richland County, SC
Job Type: Temporary Grant - Full-Time
Job Number: 61047496
Agency Specific Application Procedures: All applicants must apply online.
Class Code: AH50
Position Number: 61047496
Normal Work Schedule: Monday - Friday (8:30 - 5:00)
Pay Band: Band 8
Hiring Range - Min.: $60,344.00
Hiring Range - Max.: $90,000.00
Opening Date: 11/13/2020
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer
Agency: State of South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
Address: 1801 Main Street, Suite 224 Columbia, South Carolina, 29201