LifePoint Health Patient Access Svc Specialist- Fairfield 5710 in Providence Image Care, South Carolina
Founded as Providence Hospitals in 1938 by the Sisters of Charity of St. Augustine, Providence's two free standing full-service hospitals and numerous satellite practices maintain a true devotion to advanced clinical expertise and unmatched compassion. On February 2, 2016, Providence became part of the LifePoint Health network, and shortly thereafter, changed its name to Providence Health to better represent the full complement of its services. Driven byquality,compassion, andChrist, Providence treats the whole person- body, mind, and spirit.
Providence Health-Fairfield- is currently looking for an experienced Patient Access Service Specialist to join our team.
- The Patient Access Specialist interviews patients and/or patient family members to obtain the necessary demographic, guarantor and insurance information. The Specialist verifies insurance information, coinsurance, co-pay and deductible amounts; documents the system and shares this information with the patient when appropriate so as to assist with the collection of patient out-of-pocket expense prior to service being rendered.
- Attention to detail, promptly returning phone calls, and alerting a member of the Patient Access Services Leadership Team to high risk situations are extremely critical. Routine audit of performance documenting a 90 to 95% success rate will meet expectations; 95% or better exceeds expectations.
- The Patient Access Specialist maintains a courteous and professional demeanor, always identifies him/herself by name and department, and greets customers with a friendly reception while displaying concern, compassion and respect.
- The Specialist analyzes relationship issues on a routine basis so as to discover and address issues within a reasonable time avoiding the development of an on-going problem.
- The Specialist provides support and assistance to coworkers and works unconditionally with other hospital staff members to provide the highest level of service possible.
- Observes and supports hospital policies without reservation. Attends departmental meetings, in-services and other meetings as required to maintain professional growth. Facilitates change so as to promote the advancement and application of new knowledge about health care.
Minimum Work Experience
Two years progressive responsibility in a healthcare and/or customer service setting preferred. Proficiency in hospital software systems (Meditech preferred) and Microsoft Office a plus.
Two-year degree in Healthcare or Business Administration preferred; customer service and/or healthcare patient access experience may be substituted.
Providence Health -Fairfield
1810 US Highway 321 S.
Winnsboro, SC 29180
Job: *Please select a valid job field
Organization: *Providence Fairfield
Title: Patient Access Svc Specialist- Fairfield 5710
Location: SC-Providence Image Care
Requisition ID: 7477-5710