LifePoint Health Multi-Modality Tech - Fairfield (Part -Time Weekends Only) 5709 in Providence Image Care, South Carolina
Founded as Providence Hospitals in 1938 by the Sisters of Charity of St. Augustine, Providence's two free standing full-service hospitals and numerous satellite practices maintain a true devotion to advanced clinical expertise and unmatched compassion. On February 2, 2016, Providence became part of the LifePoint Health network, and shortly thereafter, changed its name to Providence Health to better represent the full complement of its services. Driven byquality,compassion, andChrist, Providence treats the whole person- body, mind, and spirit.
Providence Health – Fairfieldislooking for a Part-Time Multi-Modality Tech join their team.
Providence Health-Fairfieldis a brand-new Emergency Room in Winnsboro, South Carolina, providing quick and easy access to high quality emergency care for the community of Fairfield County. As a patient, you will be cared for by staff specially trained to respond to any type of medical emergency with the latest technology to provide a broad range of diagnostic and treatment options on-site.
For more information about the services provided by Providence Health – Fairfield,click here.
- Operates imaging equipment (radiographic, fluoroscopic, portable, C-arm, MRI , NM , US and CT) following radiation safety guidelines based on hospital policy and regulatory requirements.
- Provides radiographic support for all areas of the Hospital as needed.
- Operates other patient care equipment/devices as appropriate oxygen, suction, syringes, monitors, blood pressure cuff, stethoscope, wheelchairs, stretchers, and compression devices.
- Position patients accurately for specific anatomic imaging using appropriate immobilization devices when required. Avoids excessive repeated examinations by following guidelines.
- Calculates exposure factors for optimum quality studies. Adheres to the use of predetermined protocols as outlined by the radiologists.
- Provides radiation protection 100% of time to self, patients, visitors, and other health care professionals. Adheres to all policies and procedures related to radiation safety per Providence Hospital and regulatory agencies.
- Evaluates images for technical quality and insures that quality is present before dismissing patients or submitting images for interpretation. Patient recalls must be kept to an absolute minimum.
- Assumes responsibility for the physical and psychological needs of each patient. Communicates in a clear, concise, accurate and caring manner.
- Maintains competency for venipuncture, specific to the requirements of the modality.
- Initiates life support systems in a competent, capable, and calm manner when necessary. Understands the operation of suction and oxygen. Basic understanding and familiarity with drugs in crash cart.
- Maintains certification-ARR, SCRQSA. Assumes responsibility for continuing educational requirements required for continues certification.
- Enters required information into Meditech in a timely manner.
- Properly identifies patient, verifies orders, history, and other relevant information to assist Radiologist with interpretation.
- Follows up on all requested call reports, fax reports, critical results as required.
Graduate of (an approved school or training program) a 24-month approved School of Radiologic Technology or other approved training (i.e. military).
Responsible for CT and X-ray duties
- [South Carolina, United States] Radiologic Technologists and Technicians
- Certified by The American Registry of Radiologic Technology or other licensing body or is Registry eligible. Certified by the State of SC.
- Training must have included care of patients of all ages-pediatric, teens, adult and geriatric patients. Technologists performing routine diagnostic radiography must become registered within one (1) year of employment.
- Technologists hired in specialty modalities who are unregistered at the time of employment, must become registered/certified within two (2) years.
- BLS Obtained from the America Heart Association
- CT and X-Ray duties
Providence Health (Fairfield Campus)
1810 US Highway 321 S.
Winnsboro, SC, 29180
Nights - Weekends Only
Job: *Please select a valid job field
Organization: *Providence Fairfield
Title: Multi-Modality Tech - Fairfield (Part -Time Weekends Only) 5709
Location: SC-Providence Image Care
Requisition ID: 7477-5709