HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Oncology Nurse Navigator in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Are you an experienced Oncology Nurse or Navigator looking for a fresh-start with a cutting edge, patient focused and employee engaged organization that offers excellent benefits and a huge opportunity for growth? If so, consider our new Oncology Nurse Navigator position with Sarah Cannon Cancer Center and Grand Strand Health in beautiful Myrtle Beach, SC./ /The core of our values emanates from our continued focus on improving the health and quality of life for residents in the communities we serve. To accomplish this we aim to identify top talent aligned with our values and dedicated to cultivating our mission.
We invite you to learn more about the fantastic opportunity, who we are and how you can join our dynamic team. Sarah Cannon, the Cancer Institute of HCA Healthcare, offers integrated cancer treatments with convenient access to cutting-edge therapies for those facing cancer in communities across the United States and United Kingdom. Through its services, Sarah Cannon is providing state-of-the-art cancer care close to home for hundreds of thousands of patients, a number unmatched by any single cancer center.
And, Grand Strand Medical Center, located in beautiful Myrtle Beach, SC, is a 360 plus bed acute care hospital serving residents of Horry and the surrounding counties. Each day we are committed to building a healthy community across the greater Grand Strand. To accomplish this, we aim to identify top talent aligned with our values and dedicated to cultivating our mission. We invite you to learn more about this fantastic opportunity, who we are and how you can join our dynamic team.
Our hospital offers the only cardiac surgery program, neurosurgery program and pediatric intensive care unit (PICU) in Horry and Georgetown counties. Additionally, Grand Strand Medical Center is a designated Level I Adult Trauma Center and Level II Pediatric Trauma Center by South Carolina DHEC. Our hospital is also the only Comprehensive Stroke Center in the service area, certified by DNV-GL.
Come join our team of of dedicated Cancer Care professionals that are committed to delivering the best patient care in the world.
Benefits: We offer you a generous compensation package including: competitive pay, paid time off, 401k, medical, dental vision and life insurance, tuition reimbursement and employee stock purchase plan along with a huge opportunity for growth as you’ll be joining one of the largest and most successful hospital organizations in the world.
We are searching for a new Oncology Nurse Navigator, to function as a key member of our multidisciplinary cancer care team and to serve as an advocate and educator for cancer patients, from diagnosis through end of active treatment.**
_Essential Duties & Responsibilities:_
- Serving as patient advocate from diagnosis to end of active treatment.
- Assessing patients’ medical, social, psychosocial, and other care needs.
- Providing appropriate teaching, outreach, and support to patients and families.
- Ensuring the patient is empowered to manage his/her own healthcare needs
- Streamlining processes for patients by assisting with appointment scheduling and paperwork preparation.
- Coaching and assist patients to remove barriers related to insurance coverage, transportation, child care, finances, language, etc. so they can focus on their treatment plan, not these barriers
- Connecting patients to hospital and community resources
- Conducting follow-up conversations with all patients and communicate any concerns, changes, or social needs to the appropriate physician or other care provider
- Attending MultiDisciplinary Meetings (MDM) and/or other meetings, as necessary.
- Documenting throughout patient care continuum in iNavigate database.
- Conduct outreach to referrers, providers and other medical professionals as well as to the corporate ‘customer’ community.
- Staying current on the latest oncology nursing developments and participate in organizational conferences.
- Ensuring service continuity We are so excited to speak with you about this phenomenal opportunity. Apply today hear more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Oncology Nurse Navigator
Location: South Carolina-Myrtle Beach-Grand Strand Medical Center
Requisition ID: 27537-25379