Tenet Healthcare RN Progressive Care Unit Full Time Nights $25K Bonus in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Under the direction of the Department Director and/or Charge Nurse, provides direct and/or indirect, safe and effective professional nursing care. Assumes responsibility for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating health care needs of all patients assigned. Provides nursing care to a patient population ranging from infant to geriatric, unless otherwise indicated. Works collaboratively with the health care team, is customer focused and strives to meet unit and hospital goals. Provides quality nursing care according to established practice standards and guidelines for the area(s) assigned. Must be willing/able to float to other (comparable) nursing units, as requested/needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Knowledge of general nursing theories and practice
· Previous hospital experience preferred
· Must have management and teaching ability
· Must be able to effectively motivate and supervise others.
· Must be able to utilize initiative and independent action when required within the scope of professional nursing practice
· Must be able to utilize good judgment in evaluating alternatives in difficult situations.
· Must be able to work with the realization that errors in receiving and transcribing order, giving medications, treatments, or performing other procedures or performing supervisory duties could have detrimental effects to the patients.
· Must have good verbal communications skills
· Must have the ability to exercise tact and diplomacy when dealing with physicians, patients and family members personnel
· Discretion is required in handling confidential information
· Must be able to work irregular schedules, weekends and holiday due to staffing and census fluctuations
· Must be able to assume the role of a Charge Nurse as needed/requested
· Current unrestricted RN license in the State of South Carolina
· Successful completion of nursing service orientation program
· Attends IV Therapy training and/or demonstrates competency in intravenous therapy within one year
· Attends Skills Fair and completes yearly competency checklists
· Maintains competency and/or certification specific to departmental requirements
· Must have current BCLS, PALS and ACLS certifications
· Advanced certification in specialty field and/or participation in professional organization(s) encouraged
Organization: East Cooper Medical Center
Title: RN Progressive Care Unit Full Time Nights $25K Bonus
Location: SC-Mount Pleasant
Requisition ID: 2005013942