SC Department of Public Safety Registered Nurse I in Horry County, South Carolina
THIS IS A RE-ANNOUNCEMENT : PREVIOUS APPLICANTS DO NOT NEED TO RE-APPLY.
This position is located in Community Long Term Care (CLTC), Horry County. Works under general supervision of Area Administrator and Lead Team Nurse Consultant. Maintains knowledge of all CLTC programs and related systems including Phoenix information system and assists other CLTC offices with essential job functions when scheduling permits. Conducts pre-admission screening for persons seeking Medicaid sponsored nursing home placement and for persons seeking admission to various Medicaid waivers and programs such as Community Choices, HIV-AIDS, Head and Spinal Cord Injury (HASCI), Children’s Personal Care Aide, The Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act of 1982 (TEFRA), and Pre-admission Screening and Resident Review (PASRR). Provides training for PASRR completion and assessment completion to staff of long term care facilities and hospitals. Performs all initial and ongoing oversight and medical consultation for Ventilator Waiver. Travel to location of assigned cases is necessary for this position.
- Performs Intake Process.
- Performs Pre-admission activities.
- Performs PASRR activities.
- Provides consultation to CLTC case managers.
- Promotes good communication.
- Provides program related training.
- Performs Children Services activities.
- Performs other designated tasks as assigned.
Minimum and Additional Requirements
Graduation from an accredited school of nursing and at least one year of experience.
*NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: *Current licensure by the State of South Carolina Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse or a Multi-State License through the National Council of the State Boards of Nursing- Nurse Licensure Compact.
Must have and maintain valid driver's license.
- Requires holder to drive routinely.
- Lifting requirements: 30 lbs.
- The ability to multi-task within time frames and prioritize cases utilizing effective time management skills.
- Effective time management skills and computer proficiency.
- Must be able to perform web-based software functions (key participant data, run reports, update documents, etc.).
- Gerontology preparation desirable.
- Skills in assessment, care planning and case management for long term care patients.
- Considerable knowledge of social, mental and cultural aspects of illness.
- Interpersonal skills for developing and maintaining participant, family and community relationships.
- Written and verbal skills in evaluating participants’ conditions and needs and interpreting and explaining CLTC program goals to participants, families and other community contacts.
- Knowledge of HIPAA regulations.
- Ability to multi-task within time frames and prioritize cases utilizing effective time management skills.
- Personal computer skills. Additional Comments
Please complete the State application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to determine if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position. Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application for qualification purpose. All applicants must apply online. All correspondence from the Office of Human Resources will go through electronic mail.
The South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including but not limited to lactation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Salary: $40,759.00 - $75,413.00 Annually
Location: Horry County, SC
Job Type: FTE - Full-Time
Job Number: 60020111
Closing: 3/8/2021 5:00 PM Eastern
Agency Specific Application Procedures: All applicant must apply online.
Class Code: EA20
Position Number: 60020111
Normal Work Schedule: Monday - Friday (8:30 - 5:00)
Pay Band: Band 6
Hiring Range - Min.: $40,759.00
Hiring Range - Max.: $47,479.00
Opening Date: 01/12/2021
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer
Agency: State of South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
Address: 1801 Main Street, Suite 224 Columbia, South Carolina, 29201