Elite Home Care LPN - Day Center in Greer, South Carolina
We are looking for a reliable LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) to care for our members in a professional and considerate manner. You will work under the supervision of the RN Administrator. LPN professionals must be first and foremost qualified and compassionate. The ideal candidate will be experienced in providing diverse basic care. This position also requires the LPN to conduct staff education and in-services from new hire orientation to monthly staff meetings.
- Basic admission process of new member to center
- Frequent communication with various MD offices to obtain necessary paperwork for member enrollment and updates as needed for members chart.
- Care plan process for new members as well as completing and ensuring quarterly care plan reviews are up to date
- Take and record measurements of blood pressure, temperature, blood sugar, heart rate etc. when needed
- Observe members in center throughout the day and provide redirection as needed
- Compose member charts and audit throughout the year
- Assist members in daily necessary activities as needed.
- Administer injections, prescribed medications, tube feedings etc. and assist with other basic medical and non-medical care tasks on daily basis.
- Provide emotional and psychological support when needed
Communicate with members family or friends to provide advice, comfort, input and/or recommendations on daily basis Skills
Proven experience as LPN or similar role
- Ability to undertake a variety of diverse care tasks and work in a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to work with both young adult and geriatric population in same setting.
- Time management and supervisory skills over floor staff
- Familiarity with adult day health, standards and procedures
- Understanding of confidentiality obligations and nursing best practices
- Knowledge of care plan process
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable with new employee orientation as needed, providing education and check offs on basic CNA tasks as well as conducting new hire health screening as needed
- Compassionate and able to handle stress
- Successful completion of LPN license program is a must
- CPR Certification Required Details
Monday - Friday
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
NO weekends or holidays