Griswold Home Care, Inc Live-in caregiver needed ASAP for client in Greer! in Greer, South Carolina
Care needed for female client in Greer, SC 29650.
Caregiver must have a driver's license and transportation!
Personal care, including: bathing/dressing, assisting to the bathroom, ambulation, transferring, feeding encouragement.
Plan and prepare meals, followed by clean-up.
Light housekeeping to include dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, changing bed linens and laundry.
The client may need transportation assistance; including: shopping, appointments and other errands.
Summary: Provides services as assigned in the home of clients; performs related work as required. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job will be under RN supervision if required by state law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Qualifications, Education and Experience:
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D. and the ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance. Language and literacy skills are adequate to communication needs and requests of the client. The individual must be able to read, write and communicate effectively with the client and any supervisor, be capable of completing assigned job duties, and be capable of following a care services plan with minimal supervision (as applicable).
• HHA, PCA or CNA preferred, or comparable and relevant experience and/or training.
• 1+ years of experience caring for a senior or the elderly in either the acute, long term care or community based care setting preferred.
• Compassionate provider of personal care, homemaking, and companion services.
• Ability to pass a thorough Criminal and Background Record Check and random drug testing as required by Section 44-70-70 of the South Carolina Code of Laws. Must not have any prior convictions or have pled no contest (nolo contendere) to crimes related to theft, abuse, neglect, or exploitation of a child or a vulnerable adults, or a criminal offense similar in nature thereto. In addition, the individual must have have prior convictions or have pled no contest (nolo contendere) to crimes related to drugs within ten (10) years of providing in-home care to clients.
• A minimum of 4 recent references (2 personal and 2 professional). • Cleared fitness to work and 2-step PPD test. • Have personal qualities including: compassion for the elderly; honesty, trustworthiness, reliability, and patience with those in need. • Reliable transportation to a client’s home and/or a valid driver’s license and auto insurance if required by the client.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Carry out the prescribed care of plan for the client as detailed in the service plan.
In personal care cases - support to the client in all necessary and requested activities-of-daily-living including bathing, preventive skin care, toileting, ambulation and transfers (total body weight or full FE SC CG JOB DESCRIPTION HOURLY 093015 © Griswold International, LLC 2015 assistance lifts require client supply of mechanical lift), ambulation, active/participative-range-of-motion exercises, grooming, hand nail care, and mouth care.
Assistance with self-administered medications only, with periodic prompts and reminders.
Companionship/sitter activities to include walking, reading, visiting, games, talking, etc.
Independence training or safety supervision upon client request.
Homemaking support in the form of personal laundry, including sheets and towels, cleaning of bathroom, client’s personal space, kitchen and light cleaning of general living areas, meal preparation, menu planning, shopping, errands, and transportation of client to appointments.
Reports changes in the client’s condition, family situation, or needs to the appropriate supervisor/health professional.
Takes and records vital signs, completes required reports and records on time and accurately.
Reports to work as scheduled and be adaptable to client schedule, preferences and requests.
Reports to work with a clean, well-groomed appearance. Other duties may be assigned.
Does not demonstrate need or tendency to take advantage of client's dependency, assets or vulnerability.
Able to prepare simple meals.
Able to demonstrate appropriate cleaning technique for bathrooms and kitchens.
Language and literacy skills are adequate to communication needs and requests of the client.
One to ten (1-10) active service hours per day over a one to seven (1-7) day work week as requested. No more than four (4) hours without a fifteen (15) minute period of personal time. Worker to eat with Client upon request. Hours may vary. No guarantee of hours, days or type of work.
Worker provides own meals, uniform (scrubs preferred). Overtime compensation at time-and-a-half for time worked in excess of forty (40) hours per week.