Homestead Hospice Hospice Nursing Assistant (CNA) - PRN in Greenwood, South Carolina
- High school diploma or GED.
- Previous experience as a Nursing Assistant and/or completion of a certified training program.
- Current registration as CNA in the state.
- Emotional maturity, good physical health and dependable transportation.
- Responsible to the Primary Nurse for carrying out the duties assigned in order to increase patient's level of comfort, and to maintain personal hygiene and a safe environment for the patient.
- Under the direction of a Registered Nurse and in accordance with the written plan of care, the Hospice Nursing Assistant shall:
- A. Give or assist with personal care of the patient and maintain or assist in maintaining cleanliness of patient's immediate surroundings.
- Assistance with shower/tub bath or total bed bath, as patient desires.
- Wet shampoo utilizing shampoo board; comb hair.
- Mouth and tooth care.
- Skin care and shaving.
- Nail and food care.
- Catheter care.
- Suppository for constipation and/or enemas as needed.
- Change bed linen.
- Help the client achieve a good quality of life through:
- Encouraging independence, eating, social contact, etc.
- Providing companionship.
- Providing reassurance.
- Recognize and report any changes in the mental or physical status of the patient promptly to the Primary Nurse or Clinical operations Coordinator if Primary Nurse is unavailable. Be aware of potential anxiety in families.
- Provide respite relief for primary caregivers as requested by Clinical Operations Coordinator.
- Participate in Interdisciplinary Team meetings as assigned.
- Assist the Registered Nurse with specific assigned procedures.
- Request assistance if unable to perform assigned tasks completely.
- Complete appropriate records in a timely manner.
- Identify own educational needs to keep current and upgrade knowledge via in-services and self-study.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.: