SC Department of Public Safety Administrative Assistant - Beckman Administrative Office in Greenwood County, South Carolina
This position is located with the South Carolina Department of Mental Health,Beckman Center for Mental Health Services, Administrative Office.
Position will serve as centralized intake personnel for all new patient intakes. Streamline intake processes and reduce loss billing opportunities. Duties, include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for conducting the administrative admissions for all new patients for all 7 counties/6 clinics.
- Ensure consistency and provide oversight in the appropriate retrieval patient consents, financial information, and billing documentation being secured and accurately documented from the onset of services with the Center.
- Reduce loss billing opportunities by researching and updating patient records with complete and up to date billing and insurance information in multiple software programs.
- Remain knowledgeable of and adhere to all SCDMH, The State of SC, applicable 3rd party insurance providers (including Medicaid Fee-for-Service, MCO, Medicare, and HMO plans), and related compliance programs to ensure fair and ethical billing practices and intake procedures. Cooperates with 3rd party payor sources to obtain and provide accurate patient information on all admissions.
- Serves as key point of contact in resolving incomplete, erroneous, or otherwise insufficient admission information.
- Serves as a support for clinic-based administrative specialists.
- Performs other related duties as requested
Minimum and Additional Requirements
State: A high school diploma and work experience that is directly related to the area of employment. A bachelor's degree may be substituted for the related work experience.
Internal: A bachelor's degree and one year responsible clerical or administrative experience; or high school graduation and five (5) years responsible clerical or administrative experience.
Note: When Agency Requirements are listed above, applicants must also meet the Agency Requirements.
Ability to organize multitask operations demonstrating good time management skills. Demonstrates efficiency in the use of data reporting and management software and applications. Attention to detail and ability to work independently and / or with general supervision. Good oral and written communication skills.
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume may be attached, but not substituted for completing the work history and education sections of the employment application. The employment application will be considered incomplete and not forwarded.
The South Carolina Department of Mental Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity Agency. We provide affirmative action and equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex – including the basis of pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, national origin, age, religion, or disability.
Salary: $27,527.00 - $50,930.00 Annually
Location: Greenwood County, SC
Job Type: FTE - Full-Time
Job Number: 110310
Closing: 3/2/2021 5:00 PM Eastern
Class Code: AA75
Position Number: 603J0071
Normal Work Schedule: Monday - Friday (8:30 - 5:00)
Pay Band: Band 4
Hiring Range - Min.: $27,527.00
Hiring Range - Max.: $34,409.00
Opening Date: 02/19/2021
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer
Agency Specific Application Procedures: You must apply on-line at www.careers.sc.gov . You may also track the status of your application on-line.
Agency: State of South Carolina Department of Mental Health-MHC Beckman
Address: 1547 Parkway, Suite 100 Greenwood, South Carolina, 29646