LifePoint Health RN - Med Tele 5541 in Columbia, South Carolina
Providence Healthis looking for an experienced Registered Nurse to join our Medical Telemetry Unit for the Downtown Campus. This is a day shift position.
For more information about the physicians and services provided by Providence Health,click here.
- Assesses patient's status within identified functional health patterns, ie management of health, growth and development, oxygenation, activity, etc.
- Assesses family status as it impacts the patient.
- Identifies, based on assessment data, appropriate nursing diagnosis or collaborative problems which can be addressed through nursing interventions. Makes nursing judgments based on findings.
- Identifies learning needs through assessment of patient knowledge. Plans and coordinates teaching methods and content to achieve desired outcomes.
- Plans care collaboratively with family/patient, physicians and other health care team members. Prioritizes and delegates to health care team appropriately.
- Initiates an individualized nursing care plan and evaluates variances to expected course.
- Interprets clinical findings and correlates with patient's condition. Identifies patient/family responses to treatment and continually evaluates effectiveness of care.
- Revises the care plan based on evaluation of effectiveness in achieving outcomes.
- Coordinates and assures completion of care as ordered by physicians and as planned in the nursing care plan.
- Assumes responsibility/accountability for the plan of care.
- Consults with physicians regularly regarding patient progress. Collaborates with the medical staff regarding appropriateness of daily and routine orders based on change in the patient's status.
- Facilitates the smooth transition of care when a patient is transferred to another unit/facility.
- Is knowledgeable of patient's status during entire length of stay on the patient care unit/or service line.
- Demonstrates responsibility for achievement of identified patient outcomes.
- Demonstrates competence to provide developmentally appropriate care/treatment for the patient populations admitted to the patient care unit/service line.
- Demonstrates clinical skills necessary to support and assist attending and consulting physicians.
- Demonstrates knowledge of events, activities and changes in policies and procedures affecting practice.
- Ensures that care is delivered to assigned patients in accordance with medical orders and nursing standards and is documented in clinical records and on plans of care.
Minimum Work Experience
Inpatient Areas: One year experience preferred.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Associate Degree in Nursing
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing is preferred
[South Carolina, United States] Registered Nurses
Current SC RN license in good standing required.
BLS & ACLS certification required.
Providence Health Downtown
Days – must be available to work weekends
Job: *Please select a valid job field
Organization: *Providence Health
Title: RN - Med Tele 5541
Requisition ID: 7477-5541