LifePoint Health Resp Therapist II - Downtown 5712 in Columbia, South Carolina
Founded as Providence Hospitals in 1938 by the Sisters of Charity of St. Augustine, Providence's two free standing full-service hospitals and numerous satellite practices maintain a true devotion to advanced clinical expertise and unmatched compassion. On February 2, 2016, Providence became part of the LifePoint Health network, and shortly thereafter, changed its name to Providence Health to better represent the full complement of its services. Driven byquality,compassion, andChrist, Providence treats the whole person- body, mind, and spirit.
Providence Health- Downtownis**looking for an experienced Respiratory Therapist II to join our team.
For more information about the physicians and services provided by Providence Health,click here.
- Able to auscultate chest sounds and communicate in a verbal and written and written (Meditech) manner.
- Able to perform handheld breathing treatments in a safe and professional manner.
- Able to report to work in a timely manner and dressed appropriately. Must present a professional image while at work.
- Must be able to initiate and monitor ventilator dependent patients in a caring and professional manner.
- Able to work with co-workers and strive toward a "team approach" toward work and work schedule.
- Able to lift and roll heavy equipment (greater than 50 lbs.) in a safe manner to all parts of the hospital.
- Must be able and willing to work with all ages of patients in a competent manner.
- Must be able to think critically throughout the work shift and be able to prioritize a large workload into manageable units.
- Must be able to draw, analyze and discuss ABGs in a professional manner and must be able to thoroughly maintain ABG machines.
- Adheres to all hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
Minimum Work Experience
One year of experience preferred.
Education may substitute for experience.
Must be a graduate of a National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC).
Career progression will grow from Level II to Level III.
- The Respiratory Therapist must be certified or registered as a respiratory therapist by the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC)
- Valid South Carolina license to practice as a Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP).
- ACLS, PALS and BLS ( issued from the American Heart Association)
Providence Health Downtown
2435 Forest Drive
Columbia, SC 29204
Days, Evenings and Weekends available
Job: *Please select a valid job field
Organization: *Providence Health
Title: Resp Therapist II - Downtown 5712
Requisition ID: 7477-5712