LifePoint Health Registered Nurse (RN), Nights - Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit 5313 in Columbia, South Carolina
Founded as Providence Hospitals in 1938 by the Sisters of Charity of St. Augustine, Providence's two free standing full-service hospitals and numerous satellite practices maintain a true devotion to advanced clinical expertise and unmatched compassion. On February 2, 2016, Providence became part of the LifePoint Health network, and shortly thereafter, changed its name to Providence Health to better represent the full complement of its services. Driven byquality,compassion, andChrist, Providence treats the whole person- body, mind, and spirit.
Providence Healthislooking for a Registered Nurse to join ourCardiovascular Intensive Care (CSR) Unit for the Downtown Campus. This is a night shift position.
For more information about the physicians and services provided by Providence Health,click here.__
- Assesses patient's status within identified functional health patterns, ie management of health, growth and development, oxygenation, activity, etc.
- Assesses family status as it impacts the patient.
- Identifies, based on assessment data, appropriate nursing diagnosis or collaborative problems which can be addressed through nursing interventions. Makes nursing judgments based on findings.
- Identifies learning needs through assessment of patient knowledge. Plans and coordinates teaching methods and content to achieve desired outcomes.
- Plans care collaboratively with family/patient, physicians and other health care team members. Prioritizes and delegates to health care team appropriately.
- Initiates an individualized nursing care plan and evaluates variances to expected course.
- Interprets clinical findings and correlates with patient's condition. Identifies patient/family responses to treatment and continually evaluates effectiveness of care.
- Revises the care plan based on evaluation of effectiveness in achieving outcomes.
- Coordinates and assures completion of care as ordered by physicians and as planned in the nursing care plan.
- Assumes responsibility/accountability for the plan of care.
- Consults with physicians regularly regarding patient progress. Collaborates with the medical staff regarding appropriateness of daily and routine orders based on change in the patient's status.
- Facilitates the smooth transition of care when a patient is transferred to another unit/facility.
- Is knowledgeable of patient's status during entire length of stay on the patient care unit/or service line.
- Demonstrates responsibility for achievement of identified patient outcomes.
- Demonstrates competence to provide developmentally appropriate care/treatment for the patient populations admitted to the patient care unit/service line.
- Demonstrates clinical skills necessary to support and assist attending and consulting physicians.
- Demonstrates knowledge of events, activities and changes in policies and procedures affecting practice.
- Ensures that care is delivered to assigned patients in accordance with medical orders and nursing standards and is documented in clinical records and on plans of care.
Minimum Work Experience Inpatient Areas: One year specific experience preferred.
Minimum Education Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Associate Degree in Nursing Bachelor's Degree in Nursing is preferred
Required Licenses [South Carolina, United States] Registered Nurses Current SC RN license in good standing required. BLS & ACLS certification required.
Location Providence Health Downtown
Job: *Please select a valid job field
Organization: *Providence Health
Title: Registered Nurse (RN), Nights - Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit 5313
Requisition ID: 7477-5313