LifePoint Health Registered Nurse (RN) - Cath Lab in Columbia, South Carolina
Founded as Providence Hospitals in 1938 by the Sisters of Charity of St. Augustine, Providence's two free standing full-service hospitals and numerous satellite practices maintain a true devotion to advanced clinical expertise and unmatched compassion. On February 2, 2016, Providence became part of the LifePoint Health network, and shortly thereafter, changed its name to Providence Health to better represent the full complement of its services. Driven byquality,compassion, andChrist, Providence treats the whole person- body, mind, and spirit.
Providence Healthislooking for a RN to join our Cath Lab unit. Nurses in the Cath Lab assist the doctor with the procedure and care for the patient during and after. Nurses in the Cath Lab may also help with procedures like stent placements and the insertion of pacemakers and defibrillators.**
For more information about the physicians and services provided by Providence Health,click here.__
- Serves on committees, task forces, and work groups on a voluntary and appointed basis
- Demonstrates ability to assess patient's physiological, psychosocial, and environmental needs in accordance with age specific growth and development.
- Makes nursing judgment based on these findings.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and ability to interpret age specific data for patient populations according to the unit structures standards.
- Monitors vital functions and detects deviations from normals.
- Interprets clinical findings and correlates with patient's condition.
- Continually reassesses patient's needs and condition.
- Develops and updates an individualized Plan of Care, considering the age the patient population; involving patient and/or family in this process.
- Keeps physician appropriately informed of patient's response to medical and nursing orders.
- Performs nursing procedures safely, efficiently, and skillfully according to hospital policies and procedures (obtains direction and/or assistance with unfamiliar procedures and/or equipment) This includes point of care testing competencies.
- Demonstrates proficiency and accuracy in assessing, planning, and executing plans of care for patients.
- Enlists the help of other team members to address all aspects of patient care according to patient needs and staff qualifications.
- Demonstrates ability to set appropriate priorities.
- Safely administers medication according to hospital policy and procedures (keeps well informed of the dosage, effects, and side-effects of medications).
- Transports patients alone or accompanied by a fellow staff member.
- Collaborates with Director and/or Supervisors to meet the educational needs of staff. Identifies individual needs of staff members for improvement and reports pertinent information to immediate supervisor.
- Acts as a resource person during orientation of cath lab personnel and/or Students.
- Promotes collaborative team approach to facilitate a harmonious/effective team.
Minimum Work Experience
Previous telemetry experience of two years, CCU
experience of one year, or previous experience in a CVL
department of one year is desired.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Maintains a current licensure by the South Carolina State Board of Nursing, or must have verification of application.
[South Carolina, United States] Registered Nurses
Current SC RN license in good standing required.
BLS & ACLS certification required.
Providence Health Downtown
Job: *Please select a valid job field
Organization: *Providence Health
Title: Registered Nurse (RN) - Cath Lab
Requisition ID: 7477-5134