LifePoint Health Precertification Coordinator 5467 in Columbia, South Carolina
Founded as Providence Hospitals in 1938 by the Sisters of Charity of St. Augustine, Providence's two free standing full-service hospitals and numerous satellite practices maintain a true devotion to advanced clinical expertise and unmatched compassion. On February 2, 2016, Providence became part of the LifePoint Health network, and shortly thereafter, changed its name to Providence Health to better represent the full complement of its services. Driven byquality,compassion, andChrist, Providence treats the whole person- body, mind, and spirit.
Providence Healthis looking for a skilled Precertification Coordinator to join our team
- Responsible for obtaining a daily list of scheduled accounts and identifying those where an authorization is required to perform the procedure
- Contact the payers and obtain the appropriate authorization based on member plan and requirements
- Maintain a matrix of payers and procedures requiring authorization Contact
- Have a detailed understanding of the major plans and be able to easily identify
- Provide updates and feedback to the rest of the scheduling team as new information is learned related to payer requirements
- Serve as backup to scheduling and pre-registration as needed
Minimum Work Experience
Precertification or related experience
Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Ability to read and understand payer contracts, provider manuals, and online resources.
Ability to work individually or in a team structure.
Must be able to work under stress of high call volumes and maintain exceptional customer service skills.
Must be flexible and able to work well under pressure to meet deadlines
Downtown and Northeast Campus
Job: *Please select a valid job field
Organization: *Providence Health
Title: Precertification Coordinator 5467
Requisition ID: 7477-5467