LifePoint Health PCT - Surg Tele 5555 in Columbia, South Carolina
Founded as Providence Hospitals in 1938 by the Sisters of Charity of St. Augustine, Providence's two free standing full-service hospitals and numerous satellite practices maintain a true devotion to advanced clinical expertise and unmatched compassion. On February 2, 2016, Providence became part of the LifePoint Health network, and shortly thereafter, changed its name to Providence Health to better represent the full complement of its services. Driven byquality,compassion, andChrist, Providence treats the whole person- body, mind, and spirit.
We are currently looking for aPatient Care Techto join ourSurgical Telemetry Unitat our Downtown Campus. This is a day shift position.
- Under supervision of the Registered Nurse, provide direct patient care by assisting the RN to meet patient and family needs.
- Maintains clean and orderly work the patient care environment
- Assists in patient care, including examinations and procedures.
- Obtains and records patient vital signs, heights, and weights, intake and output, and reports results and observations.
- Routinely performs EKG, and other unit specific duties.
- Provides or assists with non-medicated support care, including non-sterile dressing changes, skin protection, etc.
- Assists with patient preparation for surgery or other procedure.
- Assists with mobility by regular turning and positioning, dangling, and ambulating patients.
- Assists in the setup, removal, and cleaning of equipment. Identifies malfunctioning equipment.
Minimum Work Experience
One year experience desired. Prior experience as a Nursing Technician or equivalent is highly preferred. Military medical specialist training is desirable.
High school diploma or equivalent
Job: *Please select a valid job field
Organization: *Providence Health
Title: PCT - Surg Tele 5555
Requisition ID: 7477-5555