LifePoint Health ICU Tech II, PRN - Progressive Care Unit (Northeast) (5667) in Columbia, South Carolina
Founded as Providence Hospitals in 1938 by the Sisters of Charity of St. Augustine, Providence's two free standing full-service hospitals and numerous satellite practices maintain a true devotion to advanced clinical expertise and unmatched compassion. On February 2, 2016, Providence became part of the LifePoint Health network, and shortly thereafter, changed its name to Providence Health to better represent the full complement of its services. Driven byquality,compassion, andChrist, Providence treats the whole person- body, mind, and spirit.
Providence Health is currently looking for an experienced ICU Tech II for our Progressive Care Unit at the Northeast Campus. The ICU Tech II requires 5 years’ experience in a critical care setting. This is a PRN shift position.
- Observes cardiac monitors. Notifies nurse of changes.
- Documents all abnormal rhythms.
- Assists RN in general evaluation of patients.
- Takes vital signs (temperature, pulses, respirations and blood pressure measurements).
- Reports any changes in patients’ condition to RN.
- Completes rhythm summary and tapes strips to appropriate form.
- Takes post procedure vital signs.
- Assisting the RN in skin assessment.
- Provide the duties of direct nursing care that does not require a licensed nurse to perform for infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
- Collects specimens to include blood, urine and stool. Transports same to lab.
- Demonstrates competency in performing EKG's after completing appropriate training.
- Escorts patients as needed.
- Places telemetry leads appropriately.
- Assist in processing admissions, transfers and discharges.
- Performs urinary catheterizations.
- Assists patients in elimination needs.
- Administers enemas not involving medications.
- Simple wound care and dressings.
- Staple/suture removal.
- Oral/nasal suctioning.
- Monitoring drainage from drainage devices, including chest tubes, Jackson Pratt drains, etc.
- Transcribes doctors’ orders promptly and accurately.
- Maintains supply inventory and notifies appropriate person/manager of special-order items to be restocked.
- Serves as liaison between nurses and admitting concerning availability of beds, transfer of patients and gathering information about incoming patients.
- Serves as liaison and contact person in Mayday situations to ensure necessary personnel are notified.
- Makes initial post discharge appointments for patients with appropriate physician or department.
- Files charts daily and ensures charts are accounted for.
- Completes consent forms, except for patient's signature.
- Maintains computerized log of patients and places hard copy in notebook.
- Completes daily nourishment requests.
- Functions as preceptor during orientation of new ICU Tech's.
5 years’ experience in ICU or critical care; Must have experience with EKG, Phlebotomy, and telemetry.
High School diploma.
Current BLS upon hire with American Heart Association.
Job: *Please select a valid job field
Organization: *Providence Health Northeast
Title: ICU Tech II, PRN - Progressive Care Unit (Northeast) (5667)
Requisition ID: 7477-5667