PruittHealth Hospice Nurse Consultant in Columbia, South Carolina
Hospice Nurse Consultant
The Nurse Consultant collaborates with the Senior Vice President Clinical Services and the hospice regional team to provide compliance support services to hospice agencies. The consultant is responsible for providing program evaluation, education and monitoring functions to determine agency compliance with all regulatory groups and make recommendation/suggestions for improvement. Track trends and reports data needed to monitor compliance and agency standing in relation to national benchmarks, outcomes, policy implementation and other types of agency performance standards.
1. Knowledge of Hospice operations and federaland state regulations.
2. Knowledge of Nurse Practice Act andacceptable standards of Nursing Practice
3. Must know methods to comply with theregulations.
4. Must have working knowledge of PI principalsand techniques.
5. Must demonstrate effective interpersonalskills to interact with agency/facility staff, corporate leaders and others.
6. Responsible for coordinating compliance andprogram enhancement activities for nursing
7. Works with the consultant team to providecomprehensive consulting services to hospice agencies.
8. Review and analyze PI/QAPI, Focus Review, URand other compliance related data.
9. Collaborate with the regional team andagencies to meet the annual clinical objectives.
10. Is responsible forbringing forward issues of concern affecting quality of care in the agencies.
11. Assists to provideorientation to key positions on the working of the Clinical Teams, how policyand procedures are produced, etc.
12. Participates inpolicy development and implementation.
13. Maintains absoluteconfidentiality of agency/facility records including, but not limited topayroll, personnel, patient/client care, business plans, and computer program.
14. Develops andparticipates in educational programs through out the company related to
Hospice compliance andother clinical issues as assigned.
15. Interprets andtranslates new agency policies and procedures and assesses compliance withimplementation of new policies and procedures.
16. Performsspecific/focused audits on items of interest when requested.
17. Attends seminarsand workshops related to Hospice to increase own knowledge and to
keep current the fieldsof Medicare/Medicaid/OSHA state rules and regulations, JCAHO and other types ofregulations that may apply.
18. Disseminates appropriateinformation regarding agency statistics, tracking and trending to supervisor.
19. Assists withdevelopment of plan of correction to survey deficiencies.
20. Monitor and analyzeinformation related to Hospice Indicators.
21. Review and analyzethe adverse outcome reports.
22. Assists with crisesneeds as directed by supervisor
23. Must get along withco-workers; maintain effective relationships with management staff, employeesand the general public
24. Must have timely,regular attendance.
25. Follows all companypolicies and procedures, state and federal laws and regulations and chargedwith reporting violations to the appropriate supervisor.
26. Carries out allduties with a “Commitment to Caring” and in accordance with the company’s
mission, vision, andphilosophy.
Participates in center/agency surveys(Licensure/JCAHO) and any subsequently required reports.
Honors patients/residents’ rights to fair andequitable treatment, self-determination, individuality, Privacy, property andcivil rights, including the right to wage complaints.
Complies with corporate compliance program.
Reports job-related functions/tasks thatinvolve occupational hazards including exposure to blood and body fluids andothers as necessary.
Follows established safety regulations, toinclude fire protection & prevention, smoking
Regulations, infection control, etc.
Follows established safety procedures whenperforming tasks and/or working with equipment.
Perform other related duties as necessary andas directed by supervisor.
Attends and participates in continuingeducational programs to keep abreast of changes in your field as well as tomaintain current license/certification, as required.
Attends and participates in mandatoryin-services.
Knowledge of State and Federal regulationsgoverning post-acute & long-term care
Clinical practice expertise – program scopeand implementation.
Training and Education - ability to formulateand deliver educational programs.
Basic computer software skills: Word, Excel,PowerPoint Internet/Intranet use.
Exceptional communication skills with peers,professional staff, consultants and patients in
Interdisciplinary care setting and togovernment agencies.
Knowledge of emergency and disasterpreparedness.
Ability to travel and work independently.
Exceptional knowledge of quality assuranceand performance improvement and data analytics.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university, or is a graduate of an accredited/approved
RN, BSN program.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Five (5) years professional nursing experience or an equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Master of Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university preferred
Previous nursing experience in long term or geriatric care preferred. Nursing service administration or supervision experience preferred.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Preferred qualifications)
CHPN Certification preferred.
Primary Location South Carolina-Columbia
Shift 1st Shift
Job Posting Mar 21, 2021, 12:22:56 PM
Req ID: 2103175
PruittHealth is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its personnel practices against its partners or qualified applicants for employment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin or because he or she is an individual with a disability or a protected veteran.