LifePoint Health Coder/Analyst II 5468 in Columbia, South Carolina
Founded as Providence Hospitals in 1938 by the Sisters of Charity of St. Augustine, Providence's two free standing full-service hospitals and numerous satellite practices maintain a true devotion to advanced clinical expertise and unmatched compassion. On February 2, 2016, Providence became part of the LifePoint Health network, and shortly thereafter, changed its name to Providence Health to better represent the full complement of its services. Driven byquality,compassion, andChrist, Providence treats the whole person- body, mind, and spirit.
Providence Healthare looking for an experienced Coder/ Analyst II to join our team. If you have hospital-based coding experience and are interested in a flexible work schedule apply now.
Associate must have an analytical mind with the ability to make decisions. Must be detail oriented, able to concentrate, communicate effectively, and be capable of interpreting physician's documentation. The coder/analyst must possess a complete understanding of medical record format and content with knowledge of the various service specialist and sub-specialties. The associate must be able to perform confining work, display initiative and willingness for continued learning, and must be able to effectively communicate with the coding manager, peers, and/or physicians. Associate must be capable of learning and effectively utilizing the 3-M encoder/grouper and Meditech. The associate must be participative team member. Associate must be proficient in ICD-9-CM and CPT-4/HCPCS classification systems. One-year acute care coding experience.
- Codes diagnostic and operative information from patients' records using ICD-9-CM and CPT-4/HCPCS Classification systems
- Sequences diagnoses and procedures by following ICD-9-CM, Coding Clinic, CPT Assistant, uniform Hospital Discharge Data Set (UHDDS), Medicare, Medicaid and other fiscal intermediary guidelines
- Uses a computerized encoder to facilitate accuracy rate of 95% on all coding.
- Selects the DRG for each inpatient case. Optimizes the organizations reimbursement legitimately and ethically, based upon approved coding guidelines and convention.
- Assigns the appropriate CPT/HCPCS codes and APCs for outpatient procedures.
- Abstract medical data from the patient's record to complete a discharge data abstract on each inpatient and ambulatory surgery episode.
- Enter appropriate charge information for ER visits
- Codes and abstracts other outpatient visits.
- Ensures accuracy and integrity of Medical Record Abstract prior to abstract completion, billing interface, and claim submission
- Maintains the following coding productivity rates: a. 3 charts per hour for DT inpatient charts b. 4 charts per hour for NE inpatient charts c. 5 charts per hour for SDS charts d. 25 charts per hour for clinic records e. 8 charts per hour for ER records
- Works cooperatively with medical staff and other healthcare professionals in obtaining documents to code and ensure accurate coding.
- Reviews unbilled report as directed and works in cooperation with the coding manager to decrease unbilled accounts.
Minimum Work Experience
One-year acute care coding experience. One year or more hospital-based coding experience.
Prefer Bachelors or Associates Degree in Health Information Management; one of the following credentials: /RHIA, RHIT, or CCS preferred/
Required to complete two hours of Compliance training in orientation and one hour of refresher Code of Conduct(Compliance) training annually.
110 Gateway Corporate Blvd Suite 160
Columbia, SC 29203
Job: *Please select a valid job field
Organization: *Providence Heart
Title: Coder/Analyst II 5468
Requisition ID: 7477-5468