LifePoint Health Case Manager (Certified) 5571 in Columbia, South Carolina
We are currently looking for a/Case Manager/for our team at our Downtown Campus. If you are a certified Case Manager looking for a challenge, this position is perfect for you. The Case Manager will be asked to assess, plan, facilitate, evaluate and advocate for options and services to meet an individual's and family's comprehensive health needs through communication and available resources.
Providence Health is one of the best hospitals in the State of South Carolina, according to U.S. News & World Report, and it is, once again, the only hospital in Columbia to make the Best of South Carolina Hospital list. In addition, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services awarded Providence Health a 4-star rating.
Providence Health ranks the highest in Columbia for Patient Experience. The staff is focused on making sure our guests' stay is comfortable, and that our patients feel heard, and their needs are met.
Facilitates continuity of care by ensuring that the needs of the patients, including observation patients are recognized and address through the coordination with other health care team members to bring about the best possible cost-effective quality and clinical outcome. Reviews patient admissions within one working day to determine appropriateness of hospitalization utilizing intensity of service and severity of illness criteria and continues daily reviews throughout stay assuring patient's need for acute level of care.
- Reviews past history
- Conducts case screening within 24 hours of admission
- Interviews the patient and significant others identifying specific health and psychosocial needs Reviews current status and treatment plan
- Identifies barriers to wellness
- Determines patient resources
- Determines availability of financial means/insurance benefits
- Evaluates post-acute care environment for accessibility and adaptive needs
- Assesses age-specific and special needs
- Assesses the teaching needs of the patient and family members based on patient goals and objectives
- Assimilates assessment data, identifies services, treatments and funding options for the patients.
- Develops an individual care management plan with patient and family input to deliver care to the individual patient in a manner that is appropriate to the patient's age, physical ability, and intellectual development.
- Screens identified options to meet the individual patient needs.
- Identifies and analyzes problems as to cause and effect relationship, alternative solutions, and the best course of action.
- Identifies targeted LOS for patient based on morbidities.
Must possess a minimum of two years full-time direct care experience and/or hospital based case management experience.
[South Carolina, United States] Case Manager
A graduate from an accredited school of nursing Bachelor degree in nursing preferred.
Job: *Please select a valid job field
Organization: *Providence Health
Title: Case Manager (Certified) 5571
Requisition ID: 7477-5571