Medical University of South Carolina MUHA AI34 - Covid-19 Collection Patient Registrar in Charleston, South Carolina
Entity/Organization: MUHA (Medical University Hospital Authority/Medical Center)
Hours per week: 40
Scheduled Work Hours/Shift: Day
Fair Labor Standards Act Status: Hourly
Job Summary/Purpose : The role will focus on registering patients throughout the state of South Carolina at MUSC’s COVID-19 testing sites. Under the direct supervision of the COVID-19 Testing Site lead, the role will perform multi-skilled activities to support the safe and efficient testing of patients for COVID-19.
The role is expected to:
• Intake and document patient demographic information
• Document all pertinent insurance information
• Ensure accuracy when inputting all patient information
• Convey information to patients about when to expect results and methods for receiving result information
• Greet patients and guide them to the next portion of the testing process
• Maintain attention to detail and comply with all registration processes as directed
Additional non-clinical roles of which are pertinent to successful testing site operations may be assigned (e.g. traffic directing, greeting, wayfinding). The role may be asked to act as a buddy to the Covid 19 Testing Clinicians. The Patient Registrar will be provided with all appropriate training and safety protocols.
Minimum Training and Education: High school diploma or equivalent and two years of customer service or administrative experience required. Basic computer skills required. Preferred experience in a healthcare environment.
Possess ability to understand and implement a variety of detailed instructions in the execution of therapeutic procedures and ability to make accurate physical observation of patients. Must communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Additional Requirements (Specific to COVID-19):
• While wearing all necessary PPE for safety, the COVID-19 Testing Clinician must be willing to interact with potentially COVID-positive patients.
• Willingness to abide by all MUSC PPE and safety protocols
• Must be willing to commute distances up to or exceeding two hours – with a hotel and mileage reimbursement provided when applicable
• Must be willing to work outdoors in varying weather conditions
• This is a temporary position with full benefits
• Accepting full or part-time applications
• Annual competencies are required to be maintained.
• Failure to abide by MUHA policies are subject to disciplinary action, including termination
Required Licensure, Certifications, Registrations:
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
Physical Requirements: Ability to perform job functions while standing. (Frequent) Ability to perform job functions while sitting. (Continuous) Ability to perform job functions while walking. (Continuous) Ability to work indoors. (Continuous) Ability to work in confined/cramped spaces. (Infrequent) Ability to perform job functions from kneeling positions. (Infrequent) Ability to bend at the waist. (Infrequent) Ability to squat and perform job functions. (Infrequent) Ability to perform repetitive motions with hands/wrists/elbows and shoulders. (Continuous) Ability to reach in all directions. (Frequent) Possess good finger dexterity. (Continuous) Ability to twist at the waist. (Frequent) Ability to perform ‘pinching’ operations. (Infrequent) Ability to fully use both hands/arms. (Continuous) Ability to fully use both legs. (Continuous) Ability to reach in all directions. (Continuous) Ability to lift and carry 15 lbs. unassisted. (Infrequent) Ability to lift/lower objects 15 lbs. from/to floor from/to 36 inches unassisted. (Infrequent) Ability to lift from 36 inches to overhead 15 lbs. (Infrequent) Ability to maintain 20/40 vision, corrected, in one eye or with both eyes. (Continuous) Ability to see and recognize objects at a distance (Continuous) Ability to match or discriminate between colors. (Continuous) (Selected Positions) Ability to determine distance/relationship between objects; depth perception. (Continuous) Ability to maintain hearing acuity, with correction. (Continuous) Ability to perform gross motor functions with frequent fine motor movements. (Continuous) Ability to work in a latex safe environment. (Continuous) *Ability to maintain tactile sensory functions. (Continuous) *(Selected Positions) *Ability to maintain good olfactory sensory function. (Continuous) *(Selected Positions) *Ability to be qualified physically for respirator use, initially and as required. (Continuous) (Selected Positions)