HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Clinical ICU Educator in Charleston, South Carolina
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in ourClinical Educationdepartment. Submit your application today!
We are seeking aClinical ICU Educatorfor our center to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At HCA Healthcare, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include: * Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs * Student Loan Assistance Programs * Paid Personal Leave * 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service) * Identity Theft Protection discounts * Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options * Adoption Assistance * Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Clinical Educator where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
TheClinical ICU Educatoris responsible for enhancing professional practice and the provision of quality patient care by providing evidence-based, quality educational programs and activities that promote professional competency for nursing, inter-professional and non-licensed clinical staff at assigned facility. Join our dynamic team today where you will have a direct impact on the delivery of care in our hospital.
What you will do in this role:
- You will work in support of the ERs at both Trident and Summerville Medical Centers.
- You will actively collaborate in the entire orientation/onboarding process
- You will have the expertise in competency assessment in order to participate in the development, coordination, and managing, facilitating, conducting, and evaluating competency
- You will participate in designing and identifying educational activities to address practice gaps for identified target audiences, in alignment with HCA and division clinical education requests and development processes
- You will collaborate with partners in planning and decision making to achieve the desired results
You will guide professional role development for our colleagues; involving identification and development of strategies to facilitate a continuous process of maturation through lifelong learning.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State which you practice or must hold Compact/Multi-State RN License
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration, Education or other clinical related field; Master’s degree in Nursing, Healthcare
- Administration, Education or other clinical field
- A current BLS from American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross is required
- 5 years of experience in acute care; 3 years of experience in clinical education
- Certification as NPD Practitioner and/or clinical certification as recognized by American Nurse Credentialing Center * * Trident Healthis a 440 plus bed HCA Healthcare hospital system comprised of two acute care hospitals – Trident Medical Center and Summerville Medical Center – two freestanding emergency departments – Centre Point Emergency and Moncks Corner Medical Center – an and an affiliation with CareNow Urgent Care in Good Creek and Care Now Urgent Care in North Charleston. The Joint Commission recently named Trident Health as one of the nation’s top hospitals for quality and safety for the fourth year in a row. Other noteworthy services include a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, an award winning Heart Center, the Trident Breast Care Center and the South Carolina Institute for Robotic Surgery. Accredited by the Joint Commission, Trident Health is committed to providing quality health services along with wellness information and opportunities to the communities it serves. * * Trident Medical Centeris a 320 plus bed major medical center providing a comprehensive range of services and specialties including a 24-hour emergency room with a Level II Trauma Center. The hospital’s specialty services include an award-winning Heart Center, the South Carolina Institute for Robotic Surgery, the Trident Breast Care Center and the Joseph M. Still Burn Clinic, the region’s only outpatient burn clinic offering services to patients of all ages. Trident Medical Center offers Critical Care Services and 24/7 hospitalist and intensivist programs. For more than 40 years Trident Medical Center has proudly served patients and families in Berkeley, Charleston and Dorchester Counties
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications for our Clinical Educator opening. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Education Training & Professional Development
Title: Clinical ICU Educator
Location: South Carolina-Charleston-Trident Medical Center
Requisition ID: 27513-24248