Homestead Hospice Nurse Case Manager (RN) - PRN - PRN in Beaufort, South Carolina
The PRN Nurse Case Manager establishes, implements, and evaluates goals and objectives for hospice services that meet and promote the standards of quality and contribute to the total organization and philosophy. The Nurse Case Manager directs the care of his/her patient caseload, communicates with other team members, families, and ALF/SNF staff.
He/She supervises the HHA and LPNs, fills out the appropriate paperwork in a timely manner, communicates with the Attending MD, protects the human and civil rights of patients and/or clients, and staff. He/She is responsible for directing the total care of the patient.
- A current nursing License in the state, with at least 3-year experience in home health/hospice.
- Familiarity with a variety of clinical concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to exchange routine information in an appropriate manner.
Good oral and written communication skills. Responsibilities:
Maintains a nursing service philosophy and related rules, standards, and practices; establishes care plans, including assessments, plans of treatment, objectives and goals, evaluations, and discharge planning, maintains current medication profiles, and timely reorder of hospice appropriate medications.
- Ensures compliance with laws and rules related to care, certification, and licensing; professionally represents Creative Hospice Care to residents, residents’ families, outside agencies, care providers, and the public.
- Maintains liaison role with all levels of administration, physicians, and outside organizations.
- Complete required documentation in the time frame allotted—nurse's notes turned in at least 2 times per week, admission packets turned in within 24 hours of the admission, discharges turned in within 24 hours of the discharge, recertification packets turned in by the due date of recertifications. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.: