Homestead Hospice Hospice Nursing Assistant (CNA) - PRN in Beaufort, South Carolina
- High school diploma or GED.
- Previous experience as a Nursing Assistant and/or completion of a certified training program.
- Current registration as CNA in the state.
- Emotional maturity, good physical health, and dependable transportation.
* Looking for someone with great communication skills, organized, and compassionate about caring for patients.
- Responsible to the Primary Nurse for carrying out the duties assigned in order to increase the patient's level of comfort, and to maintain personal hygiene and a safe environment for the patient.
- Under the direction of a Registered Nurse and in accordance with the written plan of care, the Hospice Nursing Assistant shall:
- A. Give or assist with personal care of the patient and maintain or assist in maintaining the cleanliness of the patient's immediate surroundings.
- Assistance with shower/tub bath or total bed bath, as patient desires.
- Wet shampoo utilizing shampoo board; comb hair.
- Mouth and tooth care.
- Skincare and shaving.
- Nail and food care.
- Catheter care.
- Suppository for constipation and/or enemas as needed.
- Change bed linen.
- Help the client achieve a good quality of life through:
- Encouraging independence, eating, social contact, etc.
- Providing companionship.
- Providing reassurance.
- Recognize and report any changes in the mental or physical status of the patient promptly to the Primary Nurse or Clinical operations Coordinator if the Primary Nurse is unavailable. Be aware of potential anxiety in families.
- Provide respite relief for primary caregivers as requested by Clinical Operations Coordinator.
- Participate in Interdisciplinary Team meetings as assigned.
- Assist the Registered Nurse with specific assigned procedures.
- Request assistance if unable to perform assigned tasks completely.
- Complete appropriate records in a timely manner.
- Identify your own educational needs to keep current and upgrade knowledge via in-services and self-study.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.: